Nancy Pelosi now two bullets away from the Presidency
She may be taking kissy face PR photos with the President today, but earlier this year on 60 Minutes Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif, called Bush 'an incompetent leader,' and then corrected herself ... 'In fact, he's not a leader. He's a person who has no judgment.'
This from someone who says one of her goals is to make our country safer than it is today. How has she demonstrated this "commitment to safety?" By voting to:
- deny wartime appropriations,
- stop research and development on advanced weapons,
- repeal provisions of the Patriot Act, and
- cease military recruitment on college campuses.
She claims she wants to protect our ports and secure our borders. Yet, she voted against a bill that would have prevented alerting illegal immigrants from Mexico about the Minuteman Project. She voted against reporting illegal aliens who receive hospital treatment. And she voted in favor of extended immigrant residency rules and more immigrant visas. Make no mistake, Nancy Pelosi intends to open our borders, not protect them.
Meanwhile, on social issues, she made it clear before the election that if the Democrats get the majority in Congress, she plans to immediately resurrect the embryonic stem-cell research bill vetoed by the President last September. The bill, championed by Rep. Diana DeGette, D-Colo., seeks to lift restrictions on federal funding of embryonic stem-cell research put in place by the President in August 2001.
And the rest of her social record is a train wreck for those who value life:
- Voted NO on restricting interstate transport of minors to get abortions. (Apr 2005)
- Voted NO on making it a crime to harm a fetus during another crime. (Feb 2004)
- Voted NO on banning partial-birth abortion except to save mother's life. (Oct 2003)
- Voted NO on funding for health providers who don't provide abortion info. (Sep 2002)
- Voted NO on banning Family Planning funding in US aid abroad. (May 2001)
- Voted NO on federal crime to harm fetus while committing other crimes. (Apr 2001)
- Voted NO on banning partial-birth abortions. (Apr 2000)
- ... all of this nets her a perfect 100% rating by NARAL Pro-Choice America. (Dec 2003)
- Voted NO on forbidding human cloning for reproduction & medical research. (Feb 2003)
Her party has convinced her to stay largely silent on these issues publicly, but now that Pelosi is about to become Speaker, she almost certainly will have to more openly show her true liberal colors.